Tuesday, December 11, 2018

smashing pumpkins, jimmy kimmel

i tuned into ABC a little early to see 'nightline' and jimmy kimmel was still on. I was pleased that the musical guest was smashing pumpkins, a band that I have seen in concert twice. frontman billy corgan had on a flashy outfit, nothing like his days when he was wearing the 'zero' shirt. he even was close to guitarist james iha at one point while doing the song. it has been hard to keep up with their lineup changes, but I like how they have been staying somewhat relevant by being on a national show. I have plenty of their CDs.
   I performed tonight, but there was a fill-in host. he spoke of having a show soon on new year's day. I called his number and got a text about it. I did one thing tonight in my set that I normally don't do- interact with the crowd. and it seemed to prove why I normally don't do this. a steeler fan, a regular performer at this show, arrived just before I went onstage. and I referred to some things such as having a steeler trash can and a song that refers to the team. I feel that I lose focus when I do this, and told myself I had to do the material I intended to do.
   I had another back-to-work meeting, I had a lot to say. I would like to think it will lead to more effective meetings, but only time will tell. when asked how I was, I said I would much rather be at work. I prefer being honest about it. after I got home from the meeting, eventually I had lunch and then went to the library to return the two DVDs and get two more. I also applied a lot on the indeed website, and was asked to do a phone interview already with one. it felt familiar, where it was a 'robo call' for lack of a better term. not the typical phone interview, but I do the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment