Friday, December 28, 2018

covered wagon illusion

I checked my post office box today and one order was there. it was the one of the 'world's largest covered wagon' at a phillips 66 gas station in Nebraska. but getting a closer look at it, I see an illusion. where the store looks like a covered wagon, with the big wheels as well. I still like having it, though. and I placed four more orders on e-bay. two of them were postcards of entertainer bob hope. I also applied for more jobs on indeed. I turned my phone on early today, as opposed to waiting until the afternoon the previous day. I fielded three calls, the first was in reference to the 'phone tag' of the previous day. so now I have a phone interview set up for next week. one wanted donations, I turned them down. and the third said they had a job for me, but it was out of my driving range and I tend to be wary of companies that call me after saying they saw my resume on a site. I prefer emails over calls as I want to get a visual. 
  in the evening I did some karaoke. it was tough to decide at first, but eventually I went with 'soak up the sun' by Sheryl crow. it seemed like a good one on a cold night. kind of odd when I was at the bar, where somebody passed me a song binder but I told them I already had my song in and I get beer after that due to the wait there usually is to sing. but it is nice how I am recognized there, but it helps that I have become a regular, being there once a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment