Tuesday, December 4, 2018

pickpocket movie

i watched another DVD movie on loan from the library, 'pickpocket', a French movie from 1959. it was kind of short, 76 minutes. but I also watched some of the special features, which included somebody tracking down the 3 lead actors decades later. one was in Austria, another in mexico. I wrote down 3 words due to the subtitles, understanding language better. this was explain, pari-mutuel, and brouhaha. part of the storyline was the death of the pickpocket's mother. naturally another part of it is when he gets caught.
   I filed more applications on indeed, but hard to say when I will hear from any of them. I got another rejection email, but it was no real surprise when I had been waiting for word for more than three weeks since my interview. I fielded some calls as well, but I think one of them is a scam artist. I was sent an email asking me to confirm the pay rate, and it is $4/hour lower than last month. if they are going to scam people, then do better at trying to hide it. I saw some unchanged things in the email compared to last month. I got an explanation that didn't satisfy me, not even close. I have another in-person meeting lined up as well, for the end of the week.
   I performed tonight, and it was nice to see airway, who said he was on break between jobs. something about making food deliveries, no cash transactions, for uber. I had only heard about them being a taxi service, although I will admit I haven't sued their services at all. it was nice hearing somebody sing 'love on the brain' by rihanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment