Tuesday, December 25, 2018

mr. bodewell, growing pains

the rerun channels were doing plenty of Christmas episodes today, no surprise there. one of them I found was from 'growing pains'. I had seen the episode before, but it had been a while. it was about mr. bodewell, who threatened to kill himself by jumping down the seaver chimney while wearing his santa costume. I recalled the part about the meat and the Tupperware, and being on the roof, but not how it had ended. I don't know for sure why I got the least bit emotional while watching it. I watched more of 'yule log' as well, but I still shut it off at times if I had some other things to do.
    I posted on facebook how I would be doing my annual viewing of time-honored holiday shows on DVD. this included the charlie brown Christmas specials, as well as national lampoon's Christmas vacation. I got both of those completed before having lunch, which was pizza and beer. I know, not festive at all, but it still works for me. then it was on my way to a meetup event after eating. it was a walk at como zoo in st. paul, much like on thanksgiving. there seemed to be a larger crowd at this event compared to last month. I parked in the picnic area parking lot as there was a big crowd all around there. I had to think about and it made sense as to why. the weather was decent, and not much else was open. I got plenty of photos, including of a 'dear santa' note in the giraffe building, it was signed by the baby giraffe. the sloth was not available. I also performed in the evening, but it was a light crowd at the performance venue. when I arrived most people were outside, on a cigarette break.

No comments:

Post a Comment