Monday, December 24, 2018

the mule movie

this afternoon I saw the movie 'the mule', starring clint eastwood, in Eagan this afternoon. the Vikings football game had just started when I was driving to the theater, and it had just finished when I left, the Vikings beat Detroit. I had seen plenty of TV ads for this movie. I recognized some of the actors besides just the lead, as I had seen brad cooper and larry fishburne before. they played federal agents. eastwood plays a geriatric drug runner in this one, in Illinois. the credits included mention of how it was inspired by a new York times article about a drug mule. another thing I noticed in the credits was an actress named Alison eastwood, and I checked Wikipedia and this is his daughter. I liked how there were some scenes at places that many would recognize, such as at a waffle house.
   I called my dad in the evening, and I was surprised to find out he hadn't seen it yet as he likes his clint eastwood movies. he said it hadn't made it to his small town in iowa just yet. this is the second weekend of wide release. the call ended when I think his phone battery gave out, he said he kept hearing beeps. it was time for the late news anyway, and it was an hour later due to football game running over. 'the simpsons' episode on tonight was the Christmas episode from 1990, when they got their dog, santa's little helper. I had seen it before, but it had been a while. for a while in the evening, before I called my dad, I went out for a walk even though it was kind of cold out there. I ordered a ticket for a gopher hockey game that will be played in less than a week. I looked at the prices for gopher basketball and I think I will pass this season. the hockey ticket was way cheaper, less than half as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment