Saturday, December 8, 2018

elvis and nixon movie

i watched another DVD movie on loan from the library, 'elvis and nixon'. I had considered seeing it at the theater but didn't, a few years back. the movie states this was the most requested photo from the national archives. like most movies 'based on a true story', my guess is that 'some scenes and characters were invented for dramatic effect'. kevin spacey played the president. part of the storyline is how the meeting almost didn't happen. but as the saying goes, we know how the movie ends, because if they don't meet, there is no movie.
   I picked up one item from my post office box this morning, and ordered two more from e-bay, so there are four orders I am waiting on currently. then I watched the movie, and after that went to aldi for my weekly grocery order. after the grocery store, I watched some of the army-navy football game on T.V. I had an urge to eat out in the evening, and went to IKEA. although the salmon balls left a lot to be desired, but I wanted something besides Swedish meatballs this time. I watched some of the holiday specials, although CBS had already aired both 'frosty the snowman' specials this season. then I liked seeing an interview with sarah Jessica parker on 'the alec baldwin show'. I like seeing people get interviewed about their craft. then after the 10pm news I did karaoke, one song. 'my church' by maren morris. the karaoke jockey liked seeing me, and touched my elbow. I spoke of how I also do stand-up, and she said she did stand-up for a while. I liked being able to park right by the front door of the venue.


No comments:

Post a Comment