Sunday, December 16, 2018

plenty of santas

I performed tonight, although it was a small role. the show runner wanted some people to paly santa in a sketch at the end of the show, and I was one of these santas. I was 'sent' to Duluth. it was why I had been to a costume shop to get a hat and beard for it, wanting to look as authentic as possible. I used a few other things from a previous costume. school bouncer was the headliner, in the middle of the show just before intermission. as usual I liked the voice inflection, and said so. he spoke about brunch at one point. I arrived early, before the show began, as I know it is customary to do so. it led to me seeing a back room, it is where I was sent after wanting to check in with an 'event coordinator'. many of the other performers were already there.
  I spent some of the day watching football, first the Vikings game from home. then at halftime, I went to watch the bears game at a bar. I wanted to eat before getting there, and I did, which is why I waited until halftime. the bears led the packers 14-3 then, and the bears went on to win 24-17 to clinch the division. it was crowded there, not sure why. a matinee maybe, since last week's game wasn't? or because it was an important game? some of the cheering was lost on me, apparently it was due to a rogue packer fan at the bar. even though there are bars catering to packer fans. I know the motive for some people is 'to cause trouble', so it wouldn't surprise me if this was the case. I watched some of the patriots-steelers game as well. I left for the venue at the 2-minute warning, steelers were leading and went on to win. oh, and the Vikings went on to beat the dolphins, but it proved to be a moot point since the bears won.
   one thing I did before the football games were on was to try to translate the French version of the song 'angel of the morning'. I happened to discover there was a French version, after reading Wikipedia. no surprise how there was some variations, meaning it wasn't literally translated into a different language. the same spirit of the song is still there, despite the variation on the words. I had a dictionary, and I feel I came very close to what it was trying to say. I hadn't really tried this before, but I know how I am inspired by music so it was important enough to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment