Monday, December 17, 2018

great train robbery movie

i watched another DVD movie on loan from the library, 'great train robbery'. it is the one from the 1970s, starring sean connery and Donald Sutherland. I do understand how it times it felt like a con-man movie, as sometimes they had to act like a con artist to help them get their end result. of course I enjoyed the costumes in it, since the setting was the mid-19th century.
   there was some movement on the job front, as I got a call for an interview on Tuesday. this was after seeing an email saying 'hired' and I had to call and ask 'what for?' in the morning I went to the post office to mail some Christmas cards and then I went to the bank and turned in some change. it was just over two dollars. it was a longer line than I expected to get to the counter. I also went to a ribbon cutting ceremony in the late afternoon at a credit union. I have a car loan with them and there was the celebration of opening a new branch. the bossman spoke of how it had been the site of a Wendy's fast-food outlet. there was some little sandwiches available, as well as potato chips and cut-up fruit. on another table was some small brownies and other similar desserts. we even saw their mascot, a panda. I got the email earlier today and I like doing things for the experience, and this sure qualifies. it was a good place for a few photos.
  I performed tonight, the show runner spoke of candy canes when he introduced me. the popcorn was taken away a little early at this venue. I was still fielding some questions about the facebook posting from last week, people wanting to know what venue I spoke of that had been an empty room. great seeing some people I don't see much, and one of them has been added as a facebook friend. he is now based out of branson, MO.


No comments:

Post a Comment