Monday, December 3, 2018

atlantic city movie

I watched another DVD movie on loan from the library today, 'atlantic city', starring burt Lancaster and susan Sarandon. it was from 1980, I hadn't heard of it before. the main characters were living in the same apartment building, and her estranged husband shows and then trouble ensues. I had enjoyed burt in some other movies, including 'field of dreams', so the cadence of his voice, for lack of a better term, added a lot to this commanding presence. I really didn't recognize any of the other actors in it. though I didn't like the older woman in it, who lived in the same building. but I think my dad would have said 'you are not supposed to like her'. she was quite demanding. this would be considered a thriller, and I do like thrillers. although the ending was a little anticlimactic. but of course what led up to it sure wasn't.
   I printed some more things at the library, including a ticket for a job fair this week. also a long application for an interview on the same day, after doing the exam last week. and I sent more emails to follow up on interviews from last week or even earlier. I would like to think there will be an offer soon, because I am afraid of getting too comfortable being 'on vacation'. and on the way home I stopped at a target and bought two items. one was the sia Christmas CD, the other was some pumpkin cheesecake frozen yogurt. I knew I would get this CD soon since I liked hearing one of the songs in a target commercial this season.
  I performed this evening, it was a new venue to me- a micro-brewery. it had a nice upper level to it, being able to get a good look at the stage from there. I had some 'sweet bacon' on a stick- but only one of the two slices were eaten at the venue. something on the package said 'microwave for 15 seconds' so I decided to take the other one home to see if it tasted better that way. and it was no surprise that it did, when heated up.

No comments:

Post a Comment