Sunday, December 9, 2018

table sharing

this evening I went to a bar to watch the bears-rams football game, it was on NBC. the bears won 15-6, it was tied 6-6 at the half. the bears went ahead on a safety early in the second half. I shared  a table near the door with somebody who happened to be a native of iowa like me, in his case he said he was from Grinnell. he also wen to the university of iowa like I did. but I knew we were of different generations, so I figured one way to find a common interest was ask what dorm buildings he lived in. he also mentioned something about knowing the bossman for spire credit union, due to being a part of the st. paul winter carnival. I had an urge to get out and see the game as I knew I have a hard time getting NBC on my TV, even though I could have caught the game on the radio. and I hadn't been outside all day up to that point. I watched part of a DVD on loan from the library, 2 of the 4 segments. I took a break and watched some of the NFL, it was the chiefs-ravens game, chiefs won in overtime. when I got back from the bar I saw an online article saying the veterans committee had voted in two players to the baseball hall of fame, Harold baines and lee smith. the baseball writers ballot results are usually announced in January. and I did the dishes after I got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment