Wednesday, October 16, 2019

dress code bingo

there was plenty to do on the first day back at work. although not much actual work, it was mostly orientation. this included a bingo game, coverall, about the dress code. most of this is no big deal to me, but it is still good to know. some of the people that spoke to us were from the union, since it is the state government. I brought my lunch, and we are getting a longer lunch during training than we will get on the floor, just over an hour. I went down to the breakroom on the main floor, as there are plenty of microwave ovens available. we were told that it was 20, but it was more like 10. at the end of the day I saw my boss and said there was a lot of information thrown at us, and this is true. I didn't bring my passport so it meant finding it after I got home so I can bring it in the next day. this is the I-9 form, a requirement for employment there. we were issued a laptop, not used to getting one as it is usually a desktop. but it just means we plug it into a docking station at out cube at the end of the day so the battery can recharge. I got a picture of the welcome message at my cubicle. I asked about it and was told this was fine. I got a text message and voicemail about jobs, but I like being able to turn them down by saying I found something else. the training room is on a different floor than where we will be working. I am one of ten in this new-hire training class, although it sounds like some may just be a transfer from another state agency. I think I will like being back into the routine of being at work, but it is still an adjustment as I have been 'on vacation' for more than 3 months.
   in the evening I liked performing, I was the show closer and it was nice to see the Wisconsin couple. I talked some about being back at work. he had a bit about a venison guy. there was a magician, but it was not magic man. the show runner was a fill-in, I have done his podcast before.

No comments:

Post a Comment