Tuesday, October 22, 2019

mic-check, open mouth night

I performed tonight, kind of. I was asked by the show runner to test the mic, there were some problems with it. so it wasn't the set I had planned on doing. the show ended early due to these equipment problems. this is why he called it 'open mouth night' but I also said some people may not need a mic to be heard. this is especially true in a small venue like the one we were in.
   at work there were panelists or guest speakers just before lunchtime. we heard from them about things like 'bidding' on a job. the second half of the day we went through the screens more, but I didn't like how the trainers were going too fast. there was somebody in the back that was helping me try to keep up. when I saw my boss at the end of the day I said this was a big takeaway for the day. sounds like we will have a 'one on one' soon. so I will have time to cover any issues. at midday it still was wet, and windy, but I wanted to get outside for a walk. it is hard for me to stay inside all day. I went into the website after I was done performing tonight to enroll in benefits. I didn't want to wait much longer to do so, afraid I would just forget about it. I requested coverage for medical and dental, hard to value the other offers like AD and D or disability. also at midday, while on the walk around the capitol complex, I saw a text message from mom about the memorial for an uncle. looks like it will be next month. I responded and said I will do my best to attend. I did so just before I left to go perform. I was watching the world series, which just started tonight. it was tied 2-2 when I left and it was still going on when I was driving home. the nationals beat the astros 5-4. this should be a good series, will have to find out how much of it I can watch due to my performing schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment