Thursday, October 10, 2019

last job fair, hopefully

I went to two job fairs today. hopefully these were the last, as I am due to start a new job next week. I said I would keep looking until it began, and there still have been no other offers yet. the first was at a venue I had been to many times before. I had hoped to see somebody I knew there, but was told that she would be at a different job fair. the second was a company I had already interviewed with this year. I was asked to have a seat but did so only after the form I was given was completed. there was a video about the company to watch in the seating area. all of those I spoke with claimed to be unfamiliar with how there was a tax credit form included with the application, which was odd. especially when voc-rehab was lumped together with felonies on this form. it left me thankful that I had already accepted an offer as they told me it would take weeks to find out if there would be an offer from them. both places had candy available. in the evening I went to the karaoke bar, and did 'when the levee breaks' by led zeppelin. it was longer than I recalled, but I still liked doing it since it mentions Chicago. it was longer because of the john Bonham drumming solos, which are really good. the karaoke jockey said he was used to seeing me much earlier in the night, and this is true. I said I had things to do. it was obvious that he was tired.


No comments:

Post a Comment