Friday, October 18, 2019

truth about marriage movie

i went to a movie in st. louis park tonight, as part of a film festival. it was called 'truth about marriage'. most people laughed more often than I did. some of the things said, and depicted, in it weren't funny. they were just 'sad but true'. the biggest reaction was to the rapper who married somebody that he met in brazil. because he was the biggest personality of those profiled. some academics were interviewed about the subject of marriage. others were book writers, covering what works and what doesn't. much like other film festivals I have attended, there was a q and a with the film makers after the screening was done. there was mention of giving it a release next year around valentines day. this is likely the only movie that I am seeing at the festival. another one I wanted to see, 'international falls', has just one screening, on Saturday, and it is already sold out. I was annoyed about how the ticket taker wouldn't accept my advance reservation, was told to get it re-printed. couldn't answer why it was denied, so I called them 'incompetent fools'.
   I also did some karaoke, after the late local news. it was 'comedown' by bush. the song after me was 'i will always love you', probably the whitney Houston version. a woman approached me and tried to talk to me, about what I don't know. a man showed up, swore at her, I could tell he just wanted to leave. I said if that is her husband, then sorry I don't fool around with married women, please go away. she tried to talk to someone else, she was possibly drunk. I also liked hearing 'say it ain't so' by weezer, and a friend from another karaoke venue did 'perfect' by ed Sheeran. even the karaoke jockey asked me about what happened.
   we went a little farther with training on day three. we did more on the computer, and listened to some calls. I completed some online classes near the end of the day. we also did a building tour, and I made a note of how we saw the communications department. it might ne best way to be a part of performing arts there, since I think they do the videos there.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment