Monday, October 14, 2019

my all-american movie

I watched a DVD movie on loan from the library today, around midday. it was 'my all-american', about a college football player at the university of texas in the 1960's, named Freddie steinmark. I was not familiar with his story, but I like the underdog story and a good football movie. I have said it before how 'you can't coach desire'. the team rallies around him when he is ill. and I am used to how there is a disclaimer in the closing credits saying 'some scenes and characters were invented for dramatic effect'.I was not familiar with any of the actors in it, not even the coach at the university. it is told in flashback, when a reporter is interviewing the coach. the title is derived from him saying 'he is my all-american' when asked who the most influential player he has coached. even though he was not an all-American player. many of the big events of the time are at least mentioned, such as the Vietnam war and the moon landing.
   there were no interviews or anything like that on the job front. I am ready to go back to work, it will be in two days. I sent an email with questions, such as where I can park. I performed in the evening, and somebody found me and said they liked how I talked about charlie brown and snoopy. also where one can find booya soup servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment