Sunday, October 13, 2019

where's my roy cohn movie

I saw the documentary 'where's my roy cohn?' this afternoon at the Edina theater. as usual, I learned something. I mainly knew about roy cohn being an aide to joe McCarthy, but did not know about him knowing Barbara walters. there was clips of plenty of interviews he did in it. I had seen an earlier movie about this man, James woods played him, called 'citizen cohn'. in fact, I have it on DVD. in the one I saw today, in the closing credits it mentions that Donald Trump did not respond to requests to be interviewed for it. this was his mentor, and I think this is why the movie was made. I know this well as a history major- anything connected to the president is a big deal.
   I returned the rental vehicle this morning. I am fine with having it just one day, as the car left a lot to be desired. the steering on it wasn't that great, and too many things were beeping on it. it became hard to steer above a certain MPH. did I say it was a kia soul? not your typical vehicle. I would have preferred a standard car like a sedan. after that it was to the grocery store. then eventually it was to a booya soup serving. actually I went to two. the first one had just run out as I was arriving, but it was not even 1pm. I got a picture of the linus statue inside and I left. I had the list with me and knew there was another church having a booya, so I went to it. the second one was near the saints baseball stadium. it cost more for a single serving than last week's, $6 instead of $4. I also had some cake, and a can of sprite. the cake seller did not recommend the blue cake, so I didn't get it. it was announced that the Vikings-eagles game was on in the community room, on the upper level, so I briefly went there to check the score on my way out. there was a silent auction and flea market at this church, but I was just there to eat. then it was on to the movie.
  in the evening it was disappointing to find out that the baseball playoff game, yanks-astros, was not on fox even though the paper said it would be. it was moved to another network. I was pleased with findings I made about something that was mentioned in 'mouse that roared'. one scene showed broadway, and the play 'look back in anger' was on the theater sign. it sounded close to the title of an oasis song, although the band added a word to it. I found out it was a 'realist' play, and there have been some movie versions as well. and a david bowie song has this name. I saw the play 'glass menagerie', many years ago at the Guthrie, and liked it. so there is a good chance I will like this one as it sounds like a similar genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment