Thursday, October 17, 2019

kind of like mistake pizza

i went to the annual spaghetti dinner at a community center tonight. I made it during the final 30 minutes of the event. a volunteer came around with another plate of spaghetti and asked if I wanted it, and I did. I was told that they had dished it up but they wanted something without meat. so it reminded me of working for pizza hut and sometimes a 'mistake pizza' was put in back for the employees. we will never know if it was on purpose. after the second helping, I kind of felt sick. but I think I was just full. when I got home I laid down as I was tired, and when I got up I felt fine. then it was on to the karaoke bar. I sang 'when will I be loved' by linda Ronstadt. at the end I found out it was written by phil everly, of the everly brothers. I had no idea. but it was a bigger hit when linda performed it.
   second day at work was ho-hum, not much orientation but still training. getting a feel of what is on our laptop computers. at the end of the day when I went to return my laptop to my cube to have it charge up overnight I was greeted by my neighbor. I asked if I was too loud. I found out they hadn't been there long, less than a year. I said we would have been in the same class, but I failed the first interview and it took a little while to find the courage to try again. I changed seats in the training room, as I wanted to get away from a classmate that I find to be annoying. we had another bingo to do, but it meant getting up and talking to people so this was hard for me to do at first. my boss brought in goodies around midday as they were left over from a staff meeting. I called them 'rapper cookies' as they were m and m cookies. I also asked my boss at the end of the day where I can find a bathroom where I don't have to badge in and out every time to use it. I was shown one where I only have to badge in to the floor when I want to re-enter. I have no idea why there isn't one on the floor with easier access. the I-9 was done this morning before I reported to class, as I wanted it done and over with. so that should be the last of the new-hire paperwork. a classmate, not the annoying one, said I shouldn't worry about it. but that could only be spoken by somebody who had already completed it! I have to do what is right for me. and at one point today during training, somebody did show up and said some of us- but not me- had forms to complete. so I would much rather do it on a voluntary basis so they don't end up hunting me down. I didn't like the attention about it on the first day anyway, too much like I was being razzed about it. I know I will enjoy the work more once I am actually performing it, but it sounds like training will last for a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment