Friday, October 11, 2019

mouse that roared movie

I watched a DVD movie on loan from the library around midday, 'mouse that roared'. I laughed a lot during it, since it was a satire- or farce. peter sellers played three roles. it was silly how the tiny nation was able to take hostages so easily. I also liked how they said 'he is an idiot' and 'pish-posh'. the latter reminded me of Mr. Burns on 'the Simpsons'. also funny how he spoke French and then said he didn't speak French. the nation was called Fenwick, and this is the name of a department store in Great Britain. even what was done at the start was in line with what one could expect from a comedy like this one- a parody of the movie studio logo, Columbia. of course their logo looks a lot like the statue of liberty. the parody reminded me of the one in the movie 'Strange Brew', except that was from a different studio, MGM, so it was the lion. I watched the movie trailers, that were part of the special features. this included 'Dr. Strangelove', which seemed appropriate. it was another movie with peter sellers playing multiple roles, as well as being a satire/farce. 'Strangelove' was one I recall well, since it was part of a high school class. it is a big deal when a teacher thinks a movie is worth studying. although it was silly, I am aware of how there likely was some social commentary in both.
   I picked up some small orders at two different stores- Walgreen, later on Cub Foods. when I was checking out at the former, the cashier made a comment about the paper I was buying. the president was on the front page, having had a rally in Minneapolis at the Target Center the night before. I said I get the paper once a week so I have the movie times for the weekend, and that just happened to be the headline. I know I chose well on staying in for most of the evening, as it got colder. I had been attending some high school football games the past four Fridays. but there was a baseball playoff game tonight, nationals-cardinals, so I listened to some of it on the radio. I say some as I fell asleep during it. nationals won 2-0, I didn't like how one of the commentators got the score wrong twice. eventually I did go out and sing karaoke, it was 'take this job and shove it' by johnny paycheck. I was looking at the Wikipedia article for Minneapolis and it said the movie, of the same name, was filmed in that city. I mainly knew it as an Iowa movie, my native state.

No comments:

Post a Comment