Thursday, October 31, 2019

mustard bottle costume

I went to sing karaoke tonight, and I saw plenty of costumes. one of them was a girl as a mustard bottle. another notable one was a jack o lantern. but I am wondering how she got in and out of a car, when of course the puffy pumpkin was so big. I sang 'big river' by johnny cash, and 'matter of trust' by billy joel. I spoke with a dude for a while at the bar as he recognized me from doing stand-up.
    at work we had more job shadowing in the morning, but it was just two calls. then I had a meeting with my boss. there was plenty of treats for Halloween, including apple cider, and cups of popcorn. I had to wash out a soup can in a different sink since the first one was ripped out. I had to prompt a colleague that it was the end of the day when we were doing the email to the group, I saw no need to take too long with sending the message. looks like I have just one more of those 30-minute sessions in training, which is fine with me.
   in other issues, I went to the books are fun event at lunchtime. but much like seeing them at another job, not much was of interest to me. it is free to look though. I made it to the library to print some things, but ran out of time as I fell asleep and only had enough time to print three items on my list- by the time I woke up and drove there. when I got off the bus after work, I had to deal with an idiot when looking at a business that will be opening soon. but I know better than to argue with people, I am happy when the conversation stays short. I would much rather have peace than always win arguments, especially with somebody that I don't even know.


No comments:

Post a Comment