Thursday, October 24, 2019

the snack shack

i made my first purchase from the 'snack shack' at work today. it was for some pringles potato chips, and it was 50 cents. so it was worth pretty much what I paid for it, since there wasn't too many. still funny when anything is referred to as a 'shack' since this is the definition of a small crude shelter for dwelling. I had my first meeting with my boss before midday, sounds like it will be a weekly thing. out of the 10 people in this new-hire training class, I may be the only one who was hired through a separate program. but I haven't divulged this yet because it is none of their business. it lasted 30 minutes, although the original allotment was 15. when I returned to the training room in the basement, a team building activity was happening. I saw pennies in a jar, I chose one from 1967 and as a history major I did my best to think of what happened that year. we are getting more exposure to the system we are using, and in this case it meant looking at a power-of-attorney.
   in other issues, I was sent some pictures of my niece, the one that called me when she was in the hospital. they were sent by my mom, and were done of her phone. there was seven, but some were a little blurry. I let my niece know on facebook, after I added her of course. I said it was likely the first facebook friend I had added before their 18th birthday. I understand these will be considered her senior pictures. I went to perform tonight, and I was the show closer. I told a karaoke story. actually it was a double one as one story reminded me of a similar one, an interaction in suburban st. louis. after the show I went to a nearby cub foods and picked up a few things. it included some pumpkin spice rolls, get them while you can this season. I caught some of the world series whenever i could. some of it was at the bar, but harder to do there. it was tied 2-2 after one inning. and, apparently while I was at cub foods, the nationals had a big inning and went ahead 8-2. I know this because I listened to it on the radio on the drive home from the venue. the nationals went on to beat the astros 12-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment