Tuesday, October 1, 2019

mrs. taco man

I finally decided to use a download code for a comedy album I received over a year ago, it was when I saw the Wisconsin couple perform a fringe show. it is called 'mrs. taco man'. it was good all around, but there were four standouts for me. it was 'nice lady', 'taco and meth', 'donor', and 'romance novel'. I have some of her earlier albums on CD. I think this is just the second download, this one looked like a business card. the other one looked like a gift card. I made two attempts to download it, since one of them stopped in the middle and I was getting tired of waiting. I think it was a case of 'out of sight, out of mind' with the card, and I decided to look through a pile of things today that I hadn't seen in a while. nothing wrong with doing a little cleanup. it led to me spending plenty of time copying notes into notebooks from scraps of paper so I could put them in the shred pile. some of it was related to where I found mention of Emerson Hough books on Facebook sites. of course this is what inspired me to start the blog back in 2010, the western writer from my hometown in Iowa. no big deal to stay in for most of the day, as it was raining off and on.
   in the evening I went to perform, but it was not to be. I arrived at the venue and it was closed. so since I had already paid for parking for an hour, I decided to walk around downtown St. Paul. I made it over to the saints stadium, and window shopped at the souvenir store. I also found a plaque in memory of grant hart, a member of the local band husker du. and I stopped at Candyland, and got a small box of popcorn that I ate while walking around. I didn't feel like going home just yet, so I stopped at a grocery store and happened to see somebody from the mic who said there was some flooding at the venue and this led to some equipment failure. so he expects us to be up and running again by next week. I said it was best to add me on Facebook, and he did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment