Friday, March 13, 2020

be you, they will adjust

I went to sing karaoke tonight and I saw a lady who is becoming a regular there. she was wearing a sweatshirt saying 'be you, they will adjust'. I said the message was relatable to me, since I am a performer as well. she sang my chemical romance, and was on right after me. I sang 'thunderstruck' by AC/DC. it went over well, I saw some singing along with me.
    there was some activity today on multiple fronts. I was a little surprised to get a call from the laundromat about the pants I dropped off for the zipper repair, I said I still wanted it done. looks like I have an interview for early next week, in relation to an application filed on indeed.
    I went to the airport in the afternoon about the flights scheduled for this weekend. delta was the only one I couldn't cancel online, and the wait was too long on the phone. it sounds like I am getting the miles back on both the delta flight as well as American airlines. although I still got a text message about it and it is still on my online calendar. when there was mention of 'failure to appear' I cared a lot about trying to keep the miles if I could. while waiting in line I saw somebody that claimed to knew me from performing, but I didn't know him. I was behind somebody in line that I think had a flight to Tokyo, so me trying to get to Chicago for the weekend wasn't as big of a deal. I said I could still go, but it would be no fun since the event I wanted to attend wasn't happening. sing karaoke and watch TV? I can do that at home. there was an article found online about refunds with stubhub for the event tickets. I haven't inquired about it yet since it was the lowest priority compared to plane tickets and hotel rooms.
   after I got back from the airport, I laid down and slept for a while. it was the evening by then, so I went to get dinner at mcdonald's. naturally it meant a filet-o-fish and a shamrock shake. I had kind of planned on going there this week instead of a fish fry anyway, easier to do when I had expected to be out of town. four more Fridays left, still need to figure out which one I am going to next week.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment