Thursday, March 12, 2020

edge of 17 movie

i watched a DVD movie on loan from the library just before midday, 'edge of 17'. the song of the same name was not in it, this was a little disappointing. the movie had its moments, such as woody harrelson as the history teacher. but in the end, it was hard to like the main character, a teen girl, because she kept self-destructing. kyra Sedgwick was also in it, as the mom of two teens. of course I like things history-related, since it was my major. I liked seeing some oversized stamps on the wall in the back, postage stamps honoring some historic events such as the articles of confederation. woody also puts in a movie for the class, it was 'young mr. lincoln', starring henry fonda. that was one of three Lincoln movies made during the 1930s. I noticed it had some connections to 'the simpsons', as I saw the same production company logo on it, gracie films.
    I went to see a friend at a restaurant in the early afternoon, after mailing two letters. it was brawler, and I said it was a big deal I made it as it is rare to see comedy friends outside of the clubs. only other one I could think of was yemen native, when he helped me find an outfit for a date. the TV was on to the sports news there, and it was hard to ignore. I said 'I was seeing the writing on the wall', about plans for the weekend. the event I wanted to see, minor league hockey in suburban Chicago, hadn't been called off just yet. but I went to the library after I was done there, and checked the news where it said their league had called off the season. so most of my reservations for the weekend are canceled now. not much of a need if the main reason for going is not available. I liked hearing what brawler had plans for, such as make a repair on his electronics, as well as counseling since he is getting married soon.
   I went to the karaoke venue and did two songs. it was 'everybody needs somebody' by the blues brothers, and 'different drum' by linda Ronstadt. hard to ignore what is happening in the world as the bar normally had sports on. but right now it is sports news.

No comments:

Post a Comment