Thursday, March 5, 2020

where is the manual?

at work I felt lost trying to attempt my normal duties after doing orientation off-site this morning. it meant having somebody look at what I was doing. then I said I was used to seeing a manual, and my boss emailed one to me. I ended up reading it for much of the afternoon, as well as the checklist once I printed it. so I would like to think this will make a difference. it was 56 pages, although I noticed the last three were blank. I showed some of it to my shadowing partner. the second half is loans I haven't seen yet. the first half included something that wasn't familiar to me, and I was told we didn't do that kind of loan in this department. my boss sent an I.M. asking how it was going, I said not well. so this is when I asked to be the one driving and then have somebody advise me at my desk. although I am aware that my shadowing partner leaves earlier in the day than I do. this was also a factor in the shadowing itself, as I took a later lunch.
   I made it to the karaoke bar tonight but did just one song tonight as I was tired. it was 'desperately wanting' by better than ezra. I heard it on the radio on the way there. and memorable was the lyric about 'i remember running through the wet grass'. I liked seeing a big dude there for the first time in a while, we have decent conversations about music and sports. I liked how the karaoke jockey was able to find the song for me. I wasn't sure of the title. but he has a smart phone and was able to speak into it with the lyrics given. I can do this on my laptop-enter key words- but of course that stays at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment