Sunday, March 22, 2020

you don't know jack movie

I watched a DVD movie on loan from the library around midday, 'you don't know jack', about dr. jack Kevorkian. good cast, I recognized al pacino, john Goodman, and susan Sarandon in it. I do recall him making the news a few times, such as CNN asking if the inventor of the suicide machine should be charged with murder. I think this was shortly after his first assisted suicide in 1990. and I recalled when he was charged with murder in 1998, after showing a video of one of these suicides on '60 minutes'. this movie was produced by HBO, might explain why I hadn't heard about it when I don't have cable. but I am aware of how they do make some compelling movies on cable TV. the closing credits said it was based on a book, makes sense when this is often the source material for a movie.
    I tried to return the movie to the library, but even the book drop is closed now. the sign said the due dates have been changed to may 1. I still have another one to watch. I got plenty done when I went out for errand running. first was to get more air in one of my car tires. then to drop off some recycle, then the library, then to find an office building. I wanted to see that the job I was emailed about is on the level, and it appears to be. final stop was at a cub foods to get a TV dinner. when I got home I was about to lay down. I had just turned on my phone and there was a message waiting. it was from the dry cleaner, and my pants were done, sent them there for a zipper replacement. so I drove over there and picked them up. the attendant was telling me about other services being offered. she also spoke of the previous owner letting homeless people sleep there.
   I went out late in the evening to get in a walk, there was some light rain. I got the dishes done, still an important thing to do. and I let an advisor know how things were going. I will also admit that I have been searching for more baseball videos on youtube to pass the time, found some about bench clearing brawls. and when I was driving home I liked seeing a sign saying 'you are not alone' so I got a picture of it. I gave been getting plenty of pictures lately, wanting to capture what I am seeing out there much like after 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment