Friday, March 6, 2020

colin powell leadership academy

i went to a fish fry tonight at the American legion hall on the east side of st. paul. I noticed there were some young people working the event from the colin powell leadership academy. I said I could remember that name as the man worked for both presidents named bush, and he was portrayed on Saturday night live for this reason. ketchup for the fries seemed a little spicy. besides the fish and fries, I also got some macaroni, as well as corn. there was baked beans, but couldn't find any place for them on my plate. after eating there I picked up a few items at a nearby Walgreen. later on in the evening I did some karaoke, it was 'something so strong' by crowded house.
   at work I spent more time studying. my boss works for home on this day of the week. I think I understand things a little better, but I have a ways to go. I got an I.M., and responded to it. I said it was going better than the previous day because of being able to read the manual. so far I think I have only been shown what is important to get my work done, but I like to have an understanding beyond this. so I spent a big part of the day looking at every line with an attachment, so I could understand what documents were there. and it meant teaching myself what part of the file is shipped to the investor. I didn't bother to ask before, but I also know there are plenty of acronyms and I don't have a cheat sheet yet to understand the meaning of all of them. so I didn't do all that much actual work in the file, but what I did do was valuable. sometimes the important thing is to understand what is not shipped as much as what is.


No comments:

Post a Comment