Monday, March 30, 2020

job application assessments

I filed plenty more job applications on indeed this afternoon, about 30 I think. with some of them it led to doing assessments. I like it when it is one I have already done, and I can press the button saying 'send previous results'. I had about three of them, and one was math functions on a spreadsheet. I was guessing a lot on that one. with others I could figure it out, just give myself enough time. such as ones where it says 'what is the next number?' I have said that looking for jobs should be more like what a stage performer does, having to audition, show off your abilities. so I don't mind doing these, although it still can be tedious at times. I also heard from an advisor, who was doing a check-in as promised once a month. I had to do a recap of the past month, which wasn't flattering at all. I also got an email from an agency asking about submitting my resume for a role, and I was fine with it. but I know well enough to avoid getting my hopes up, as what would happen is this would happen, oh, countless times and then a month or two later, still no word on if the client was interested. I am most impressed by results.
   I did get out an about today. I went to a Walgreen after checking online what locations would most likely have toilet paper. it was one I hadn't been to much before. I arrived and there wasn't any. I did get a 3-pack of bar soap, something I was still in need of. there was postings about social distancing guidelines, in this case there was markings on the floor saying 'stand here in line'. I got a photo of it, and thankful nobody said anything as a cashier saw me do it. I then walked around the area a little before going back to my car. it was near a karaoke venue. not many people out there. this was before midday. then late in the afternoon I went out for a long walk. I picked up some coins, a total value that was slightly less than the previous day. 21 cents today, 36 cents sunday. I went on basically the same route. it all goes into the change bank. I passed by a bank. it said the lobby was closed, and drive-up was available. so using the change counter is likely not possible for a while. not a big deal. my cousin shared an article on facebook with a photo above it being from the movie 'breakfast club'. it was about generations, and some of what was in there was relatable. this included mention of 'latch key kids'.

No comments:

Post a Comment