Saturday, March 28, 2020

one percent milk

I usually get skim milk when I got to the grocery store for my weekly order, but for the second straight week it was not available. so it meant getting one percent milk instead. it still tastes fine to me. the order was smaller than last week, just 13 items, and the amount paid was smaller as well. in many ways it is due to cutting back on full meals. at midday it normally meant a canned food item heated up in the microwave oven, but now I am doing some peanut butter at that time. hopefully cutting back on food means losing weight. I have been going out less often anyway due to the virus. today it meant going to the post office, besides the grocery store. one e-bay item was there, along with another postcard about guidelines due to the virus. already got it in my main mailbox this week. two other items were postcards from the same place, about a class action lawsuit. except it was for the former 'occupant' of the PO box and I have had the box for over 5 years! so those were tossed in the trash. thankfully no rain when walking to and from the post office, but had to dodge the raindrops when going to and from the grcoery store later on in the day.
    for the second straight week, I have enjoyed watching a time-life music ad after the 6pm news. not just the music itself, but also what can be learned. in this case it was the song '6 days on the road'. found out it was a hit for dave dudley back in 1963. first time I heard it was a version by steve earle, for the movie 'planes trains and automobiles', in 1987. there is a french version as well. I am also enjoying the latest song by the dixie chicks, 'gaslighter'. found it on youtube. it is a wonderful anthem about empowerment. at some point it might be a good idea to see the movie that inspired the term 'gaslighting', it is from the 1940s. like many things, it is available on amazon. the news said that taco bell is offering a free taco next week. sounds like their stolen base promotion during the world series.

No comments:

Post a Comment