Monday, March 23, 2020

wearing a scarf

I went out for a walk late in the evening, and I was wearing a scarf covering my mouth and nose. it was a scarf knitted by my late grandma, haven't used it much lately. I don't mind how the foot traffic is light when I am out there. I mostly just see people walking their dogs. and I am still getting pictures of signs about what is happening. at a dollar store it called itself 'an essential business' because of course it has food. it may not have perishables, but there is food in a can or box. and I have picked up plenty of canned food there. in fact I ate one of them at midday, dinty moore beef stew. it tasted better than another beef stew from last week that was from the same store.
   this became a fairly active day on the job front, at least I was on the phone a lot. it started off with one call I had scheduled, but on the first attempt I had to leave a voicemail. when I got a callback I was told he was 'putting out fires'. actually I let it go to voicemail as I didn't recognize the number, it was a different one from what I had called. he was giving me some pointers, mainly about how the resume makes a world of difference in terms of how much activity one will get. there was another call later in the day, after I had submitted a background check and a different version of my resume. an advisor from a workforce development center had helped me with the other version, and I hadn't used it much yet. a caller from last week's interview with an agency gave me an update as well. I am saying that I am not overly picky, as it would be wrong to close too many doors at this point. later in the afternoon I laid down for a while and slept, and when I woke up it was by a call in reference to an application on indeed. they are setting up an interview for later this week. then when I looked at my email again, I saw one from the Friday morning interview. they wanted a background check and another application. if I had applied on indeed there as well, this would be why. it is annoying to hear that it doesn't count to apply on indeed. then why let me apply there? I was able to complete one of the two, the background check, but said I would likely need to go to a fedex office in the morning to do the application as I think my laptop's security settings were preventing me from getting started on it. hopefully I can complete it there, and it will mean trying to bring as much as possible with me such as phone numbers of places where I have worked previously. no offers yet but all of this looks promising. it is nice how there is an increase in activity, sometimes one just needs to wait it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment