Friday, March 20, 2020

toilet paper found

I had been checking online to see where toilet paper could be found, and a Walgreen had some. so I got a single roll, and I have been anything but carefree with it lately. I think I have enough now where it will last a month, hopefully longer. while there I bought a few other things, since it is Friday it meant getting the paper. although I noticed the sports section was much thinner, and of course no page in the 'variety' or 'entertainment' section with movie listings. the other items bought were food, including a can of tuna. this became the weekly 'fish fry' meal, along with some chips, although I will admit it wasn't that great. the news had something about a catholic church in the east metro still having 'to-go' fish fry meals, will have to check how many are offering it. I believe in mastering the possibilities, and with the media attention I am aware they might be a little busy. before I went inside the Walgreen I looked around the area a little, and got pictures of signs posted by businesses. when I got to one restaurant I saw somebody coming out, and they said 'photo'. I am used to this by now, where some say 'what are you doing?' when I use my camera.
  I had a phone interview this morning, and I feel like I did well, but no idea if there will be an offer. there was two interviewers, but one of them did most of the talking. she said there was a great need at this time, since it is a finance company and interest rates are down, but still couldn't hire which doesn't quite make sense to me. will have to hope for the best, but I still have to keep looking when I know so many places have delayed things 'until further notice'. one agency annoyed me, kept calling me and wouldn't give me a chance to respond, so I started ignoring them. I have to be cautious, and anybody who does this could be a scammer. I went to a 're-employment session' scheduled for this afternoon, but upon arrival I was told it was canceled. still don't know what this means in relation to any unemployment insurance benefits. I was instructed to leave a message on the hotline, saying I showed up, but the outgoing message said it was no longer being answered. late in the day there was an email from an agency I had just spoken with this week, saying there may be something soon. they asked for a resume and I will see about getting this done over the weekend. I first wanted to check the office address to see if it was 'on the level'- but it appears to be. surprising how it was the same agency, but a different rep, who told me the company wasn't hiring, at a 'standstill'. but I am aware of how things can change quickly.
   I called my college roommate this evening, it was nice to hear from him. I asked if he was being recalled by the national guard due to the national emergency, but he said he is too old for that. I know he had been recalled before. he gave me a few more ideas of who might be hiring. and I did do a walk later on, moving it up a little on the start time as I wanted to watch 'blue bloods'. still pretty much deserted out there, but it stands to reason at that time of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment