Wednesday, March 18, 2020

cover letter at fedex

an employer was asking for a cover letter, so I checked and found out fedex office was open even though the libraries are closed. I was up to the challenge since I had taken some writing classes. it took me about 30 minutes to get it typed up and sent as an email attachment. I wrote it out at home, wanting to minimize my time there at the shop. not thrilled about having to pay for the service, but it will be worth it if I get the job. I called and left a voicemail once it had been sent, and got a response later in the day. I think I was on my way to the laundromat when it arrived, as I checked my phone while there and saw the missed call. looks like I now have a phone interview for the position on Friday morning. it will not be in-person because of the times that we live in. I did point out how I had applied for multiple roles with the company, including two more earlier today, so I am hopeful that I am being considered for as many roles as possible. that is correct, I made another visit to the laundromat. I knew there was a dollar off all washers today, so I decided to wash two big blankets, for the first time in a while.
   before doing the laundry, I stopped at the dollar store and got more canned food. I got three cans, and I am noticing how the shelves in that section look more bare than typical. I saw a grandma while there with two kids, at least she called herself grandma. one of the kids was being whiney, and she threatened to not take the kid out again if that continued. when I went out for a walk later in the evening, I noticed their store hours had changed, now closing earlier, at 8pm. I noticed some other stores had changed their hours as well. or in the case of restaurants, drive-through and take-out only. I had been seeing the culver's fish fry ad on TV, but then I checked the website and noticed they are drive-through only. I hate the sound of my car's engine idling so if I want to keep doing fish, it more than likely means finding a frozen meal at a grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment