Wednesday, March 25, 2020

card sheet re-deployment

I was looking for things to do while waiting for the phone to ring, and reminded myself how there was 27 charlie brown baseball cards not yet in a binder. so I decided to look at the binder with pocket schedules and business cards in it, to free up enough space. I found enough cards to take out, and of course I have said it before, stressing quality. in one case I decided to double up, in another I noticed a duplicate. I also decided to get the more recent pocket schedules on the same page.
   I got a response to the application I emailed from the previous day, and it wasn't the one I wanted to hear. it was how the company is at a standstill due to the virus. there was a call I was expecting to get today since I emailed my availability, but I never was called. this is the one from the carolinas, it started with sending a resume over the weekend. near the end of the day I completed some more applications with an insurance company. and as usual, when I don't know how else to fill in the time, I decided to lay down for a while in the afternoon and slept. actually I didn't go outside until late in the evening, to take a walk. nowhere I needed to go before then. so I had pj's on for much of the day.
   during the walk there was a posting at the liquor store about the governor's order that takes effect on friday. but it appears that most of the places mentioned on it are already closed. it looked like an employee out for a cigarette break was near the store. first time during these walks where I actually spoke with someone. except I was annoyed when he spoke of the grocery store closing early, something I already knew. a sandwich shop nearby had 'open' spelled out in their window in big letters, using white paper. of course much of what I am seeing I getting captured in pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment