Sunday, March 8, 2020

ernie davis movie

I watched a DVD movie on loan from the library around midday, it was a bio-pic about Heisman trophy winner ernie davis. I am used to 'based on a true story' meaning there are scenes and characters invented for dramatic effect. I recognized dennis quaid, who played the Syracuse coach. I checked the closing credits and noticed another name. chadwick boseman played Floyd little, a tailback at the same school after ernie. of course mr. boseman later played Jackie robinson in another movie. then it was time to take it back to the library, where I printed a few things.
   in the evening I went to a history show in uptown Minneapolis, my annual visit to this event. good crowd on hand, likely aided by it being 'one night only' this year. after I got home I called my dad, as usual the call was long.

No comments:

Post a Comment