Sunday, March 1, 2020

bone tomahawk movie

i watched a DVD movie on loan from the library this morning, 'bone tomahawk'. I recognized kurt Russell and david Arquette in it. I was excited at first about it being a western, but 'tombstone' this isn't. this becomes a mission to bring back somebody abducted by cave dwelling savages. it gets graphic at times, hard to ignore somebody getting scalped. this movie was long, more than 2 hours. a compelling character in it was a 'vain' man, played by matthew fox. he is often using a spy glass while the four men are on their mission, and his actions are often called into question. this movie wasn't that great.
    it was a busy day for me, as after I returned the movie to the library I got another one. then it was on my way to a baseball game at the Vikings stadium. my school, the iowa hawkeyes, was playing in the cambria classic, hosted by the Minnesota gophers, six teams in this tournament. iowa beat duke 7-5, but duke scored 2 in the first inning. those who like the long ball weren't disappointed, as there was four home runs, two for each team. although Iowa's home runs were both 2-run shots, and duke's were both solo shots.
   after a brief stay at home, then I was venturing out again, this time to a pro wrestling event in northeast Minneapolis. when I get to the venue I recognized it as one where I had seen a fringe show. I knew two of the wrestlers in this event, one of them the mad hatter, who was also playing music. it was nice seeing some performers I recognize in the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment