Tuesday, March 24, 2020

completed application, 3 steps

I wanted to get an application sent on a job I had already interviewed for, and I decided to go to fedex office to get it done. when I arrived I noticed their computers were unavailable due to the virus. so then I wondered what I could do. then I saw some signs next to a copier that said items can be emailed and printed out. so I went home and got that done. when I got the email saying it would be printed, I started my drive back to the shop. I had to pay separately for the printout. then it was on to completing the application manually. it didn't take long as it was just 3 pages. after this I got right to scanning it in a copier, and emailed to my personal account. I like how the copiers were self service and user-friendly, so I was able to figure it out on my own. around midday I was back home and then forwarded it to the employer. so there we go-3 steps. email it for printing, scan, and email to forward it. I liked how I found a way to get it done, it is good to be resourceful. I have learned this before, how it is best to just try to line up alternate plans when plans are canceled. I also left a voicemail after sending it, still waiting to hear from the employer.
    I got some other things done, work-related or otherwise. one of those was going through my postcard collection and taking out five cards in the name of stressing quality. all of them were free ones, no way do I throw out ones I paid for. I also got called by somebody who called me 7 times on Friday, no joke. they claim to be an employment agency, and although they cut back on the number of calls- one each on Monday and today- I finally told them I was no longer interested because they were calling me too much. one can't be too careful. I sent off more applications through indeed as well, along with one I had done multiple job fairs but applying directly through the company and not indeed. I decided to change my profile a little to get my most recent job on there, as I was unable to upload a newer resume. again, one must be resourceful.
   when I was taking a walk in the evening, I noticed a message on a bus idling near a mcdonald's. it was a hash-tag saying 'stay home mn'. a sandwich shop had a 'sandwich board' out front saying they were open, although they were already closed for the night. this was one of my pictures of the day, along with what I was seeing at the fedex office.

No comments:

Post a Comment