Sunday, March 15, 2020

teen spirit movie

I watched a DVD movie on loan from the library around midday, 'teen spirit'. I did not know any of the actors in it, but it said elle fanning played the lead role. it was about a singing contest in great Britain. there are some other movies with a similar storyline to this one, and a music movie still works for me. a former opera singer became her manager. notable songs in it was 'just a girl' by no doubt, as well as the Barbie song. I understood how it was necessary to show more than just the scenes of her performing to tell the full story, but of course the ones of her singing were the most fun. as a performer I already knew how there are plenty of things that are involved with performing. some  of it was subtitled, as she was playing a polish immigrant. this was especially true when she talks to her mom. this is another common theme in this kind of movie- having to convince parents that chasing a dream is worth it.
   I went to the dollar store and picked up two items, some toothpaste as well as a can of beef stew. the latter was from the discount aisle. it does raise eyebrows to see the toilet paper aisle being sold out. I went to a few other stores and found out this is rampant. in fact it was 8 this weekend, including 2 convenience stores. I think I will be able to get by for a little while with my current supply. there have been some articles about 'panic buying' this item, because people are used to having it. in the late afternoon I went to the library to print some things, return the movie, and I picked up 2 more movies. it seemed that the number of movies on hand was down a little. I am aware how it became a 3-week loan as of January, up from one week. I am still trying to get them back after one week, so it means the most I get is 2 at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment