Saturday, March 14, 2020

purchase limits

i went to the grocery store in the early evening and it was an eye opener to see how many sections listed 'purchase limits' at the aldi. like many other stores, it was hard to find paper products. there wasn't much bread either. when I was in the checkout line, somebody in front of me tried to buy three cases of bottled water but the limit was two. in the end, I was able to find most of what I normally get. they were out of bananas, and I found them at Hy-Vee. I needed to go there anyway because aldi doesn't have banquet TV dinners. I got some pictures of the signs at both stores. so if the only thing that raised eyebrows was the banana section, then not a big deal. I think I had seen them run out of things in the produce section before. and of course an aldi store is much smaller so they are going to run out more quickly.
   there was the other errand running earlier in the day. first stop was the post office, just one item there, a postcard about the cardinals magazine. then on to the bank to deposit a payroll check, that had just arrived on Friday. finally it was to Walgreen. as the saying goes, 'selection varies by store' as I couldn't find the razors I wanted the previous day. I got more food there as well, a chimichanga which became the evening meal. I laid down and slept for a while in the afternoon after getting back from it all. there was somebody at Walgreen that was told just one hand sanitizer bottle per person. and there was a man doing what I often do-pictures of some of the displays. one of them was of the magazine section, which had on the cover something about being prepared for the corona-virus. the gossip magazines had articles about it as well. after the late news I went to sing karaoke, a place I hadn't been to much lately. I did 'sign of the times' by prince. I said that line when I was at the grocery store, so of course it was on my mind. I saw a few people I recognized besides the karaoke jockey. another was the server, a young lady. there was another singer there, a man in a cowboy hat, but we didn't talk. I found him to be annoying. there was a man after me singing a charlie daniels song but wearing a kiss shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment