Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A No-Go

My boss was absent today, so the 1-on-1 meeting was a no-go. One colleague thought I was up to no good since I was smiling around her, I thought it was a good thing to smile. But I don't know this colleague all that well. No big deal on the meeting, it will likely happen again real soon, but this close to the holiday it would mean next week at the earliest.
    Liked hearing a comedian friend do a 'number joke' tonight at the club, excellent word smithing. It was about the 4th of July. Also saw somebody from my native state, he saw my Iowa coat. He is from Cedar Rapids. Even though we were from different parts of the state, I liked how we found common ground. But I do try to find this, as we should care more about what unites us, not what divides us. I am knowledgeable enough where I do try to find common ground, which does make a difference. I can say I knew somebody from there somehow, and I did when going to a large state university where there were students from all over the state and all over the Midwest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment