Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lily Allen

I made it to Quizno's in Minneapolis tonight with my date after getting another statue picture, this time a Linus at a university library. It isn't open all that late, so we had to go right before closing on a Wednesday or Thursday, as it is open a little later on those two days, until 7pm. I liked how it was near the entrance door, easy in and out. Unsure as to when and where the next one will be, but I knew it was our best shot to find it before Thanksgiving so it means find a way to get it done.
   While at Quizno's getting a sandwich I noticed the music there being played, as I do in many places I am at. I said to the employee sweeping up how the song sounded familiar, but couldn't put my finger on the title and performer. He said he could look it up, in the online age it is much easier to find out song titles. Sometimes all that one needs to do is hold up a mobile internet device and it will give the answer. He went into a back room, and when he returned he said it was 'Smile' by Lily Allen. What was memorable about it wasn't just the beat of the music, but some of the lyrics like referring to a Beatles song. Since the lyrics include 'with a little help from my friends', a song later covered by Joe Cocker and became the theme song to the TV show 'Wonder Years'. So it means looking it up on Youtube at some point.
    After the project was done for the night, I did talk scheduling of later events with my date. I wanted to avoid any scheduling conflicts before ordering any more event tickets. But things are clearer now, so I will go about more of the planning that I wanted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment