Thursday, November 10, 2011

Given a Bag

Went to a writer meeting tonight, it was meant to end at 8:30 but lasted even longer, until 9pm. One member who had resigned from the steering committee decided to give me a bag which had some shirts in it, but also said there was money in it, $66 apparently. I really didn't want to keep it that bad, when money is involved. So I gave it to our acting chapter chairman, as I am not chairman or treasurer. Wanted to avoid any conflicts of interest, and I would have had a hard time finding a place for storing it anyway. We had a representative from Chicago observing our meeting, first time I had seen them since the convention in June. If I have the time, I will try to look them up the next time I am in town. A few followed along on Skype, though this technology didn't seem to be working all that well. The venue was a cafe, since I had already eaten my evening meal I didn't eat or drink anything there. I had little money on me anyway, since it wasn't payday just yet. I ended up getting a candy bar from a Walgreen after the meeting as it was cheaper than a cookie at the coffee house. I wanted to get another photo album there, so it served multiple needs.
   After getting home I fielded a message on Facebook from one of the meeting attendees. She left before I did and asked if she missed anything. It was a reminder of how I don't know many of those in this organization. I enjoyed the exchange, though I hadn't done an I.M. chat for a while, I think the last time was with a comedian friend in Dallas-Ft. Worth.
   I noticed how divisive the firing of Penn State football coach Joe Paterno is/was. There are plenty of Facebook pages for and against his firing. Also odd: some can't agree on if Penn State football is a pro or amateur sports team.

No comments:

Post a Comment