Sunday, November 6, 2011

Andy Rooney

   I made sure to watch the feature on '60 Minutes' tonight, remembering Andy Rooney, who just died on Friday at age 92. I had some of his books, I liked how he spoke for many, desrcibing things he didn't understand because they didn't make much sense to him.  
   I realized I didn't like some of those cheap 'school binder' type photo albums I have so I went to Walgreen tonight after a date and replaced one of them. Now I want to replace a few more. One of them has plenty of postcards in it instead of being just photos, this may help with a fairly seamless movement of pictures.
    Had another date earlier today, showed some of the pictures of Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues I had taken before starting the project earlier this year. I was amazed at how many albums I had, 14 filled albums since moving to the area over 7 years ago. This is more than half of the albums I own! All but 2 of the 14 had a least one in it, but I brought over 4 albums, as those had more than one in it. As expected, there weren't many new ideas on finding more. Many of those I had taken early on were 'need a ticket' places like the hockey arena, state fair, and the airport. No surprise there, since it was a rare occurrence to be there so I wanted to take advantage of a 'few and far between' opportunity. The replaced album was one of the four. I just like it more when the pages are anchored in the album better, as pictures in the other kind were more likely to be damaged or misplaced.
    Besides pictures, we saw the movie 'Grumpy Old Men' on DVD, on loan from the library. It was on our list since it was filmed nearby. I liked Burgess Meredith in it, as I also liked him as the trainer in 'Rocky'. Tried to watch an NFL football game in the afternoon, but fell asleep before the Saints-Bucs game was done. In the evening I wanted to attend a comedy show after getting a Facebook invite but decided I didn't have the time, needed to finish up my errand running from the day before.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment