Sunday, November 27, 2011

Four More Bags

I sent 4 more bags to the recycle bin as I accomplished plenty this weekend on cleaning up and getting some magazines and newsprint moved out. Much like on Saturday, I didn't go out much. It was just to the recycle bin and to the convenience store, and I waited until lunchtime since I had a candy bar for breakfast. Then I had a date in the evening, we watched a Charlie Brown special on DVD. There was a second special on the Thanksgiving DVD that we hadn't watched yet, the one from the American history series about the Mayflower crossing the Atlantic. It is usually shown right after the well-known Turkey Day special each year. I liked finding some things due to the cleanup, like a political cartoon in reference to the Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues. It was about the public works crew not doing their job. It was nice to get pizza at the Little Caesars nearby.
   The other thing in common with Saturday was avoiding the electronics as much as possible, so I didn't know things like football scores today as well. I mainly knew about the tentative agreement to end the NBA lockout due to logging on to my computer to check email. I didn't mind doing the 'hermit weekend' but I was surprised how I hadn't done the sorting of media in a while. Based on the newspaper dates, I hadn't done it in two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment