Friday, November 25, 2011

Camcorders- or Video Cameras

Early on 'Black Friday' I got a camcorder at a Kohl's, after finding out the tickets were already gone at a Best Buy. It will be nice to have it for filming things like being onstage doing comedy. After seeing a TV ad for one under $100 I was interested. I still like the term 'video camera' that I grew up with though I know 'camcorder' is a more common term now to describe them. This is likely due to these devices doing more than they had, and of course being downsized. In the 1980s they were big, fitting on the shoulder, like what TV crews have. But they are much smaller now, mine fits into my hand. I was very businesslike about it, wanting to get in and out since I am normally not at a store at that hour. And it meant taking care of ym date, as there was a small crowd right after the doors opened. This was why we just looked around at the nearby Walmart to see what DVDs they had, but didn't buy anything, as the checkout lines were too long.
   In the morning we did go back and I got a DVD of a Charlie Brown special, one I already had on VHS but the updated version has more bonus features so it's worth it, the one where Patty is a figure skater. Also got a memory card for the video camera.
   I helped with making the cookie dough, for gingerbread cookies, and was entrusted with walking the dog by myself while lunch was being prepared, a late lunch. We watched the Iowa football game at Nebraska on ABC, Iowa lost 20-7 but is 7-5 and will likely go to a bowl game. Iowa wasn't moving the ball on offense and not getting the stops on defense when needed, no surprise why they lost. We did watch some of the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on DVD after the game, had more time for it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment