Thursday, November 3, 2011

Marie Digby

Found a Marie Digby cover of Rihanna's 'Umbrella' song on Youtube. Wanted to search for it after hearing it at Walgreen earlier today when looking for a birthday card for a friend. Based on checking different versions, this would be the likely version, but it is a popular song to cover since it was a number 1 hit. I still like Rihanna's version as the cymblas in it add so much to the song. Odd how some can't get their facts straight, as one commenter on Youtube thought Rihanna was covering the song. In the internet age, there are fewer reasons for ignorance since so much information is available at your fingretips.
   Saw 2 clashes today, one was at work between 2 people I don't like, the other was on the bus after work. If somebody had asked me about the former I would have said 'let them beat the hell out of each other'. But I really did agree with the one telling the other to lower their voice. They were getting loud after havin g a hard time takign customer service calls, and they are not cut out for that kind of work. I should know, I used to do call center work, and it isn't easy. One must develop a thick skin and avoid taking things personally when said by upset people.
  With the latter, it was between a rider and the driver, related to folding up a stroller and paying the fare. The woman's husband or boyfriend didn't understand why she cared so much about continuing the argument. I know well enough to stay out of these things, though in the end neither one is in the right when they let it continue. I just want it to end. It also means being patient that it will end, since getting off and taking a later bus is counter-productive since it means waiting about 15 minutes for the later bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment