Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Diabetes Panelists

Went to a diabetes panelist event in the afternoon at my workplace, it helped that a senior leader sent a special email encouraging us to attend. I knew him already, so the rapport helped. Ended up winning 2 gift cards, it was a 'Price is Right' theme. The first one was for Subway sandwiches, the second was an Apple I-tunes card. I got the second as I was the winner of the 'showcase showdown', guessing the calorie total and being closest without going over. But I don't have an I-tunes account, so I will likely give it to a friend that can use it more than me.
    This means I now have a more positive memory of this game show, I told myself. Since my main memory previously of 'TPIR' is watching it when I was unemployed after finishing college. Since it's a daytime show, though I have seen a few primetime specials since Drew Carey took over as host when Bob Barker retired.
   At the comedy club tonight, I was waiting outside for a few minutes before the show, wanting to finish a Dairy Queen Blizzard first. I knew the pumpkin pie flavor may be going away soon so I wanted to get it before the end of the month. I got a shout out from one comic, the 'show runner', kind of nice to get those as it means he can hear me all the way in the back. Liked his 'fainting in the bathroom' joke, about being checked on a lot more than necessary when back for family gatherings.

No comments:

Post a Comment