Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Almost Adopted

   When I rode the bus home this evening a little boy, maybe age 10, started off by singing 'You're never fully dressed without a smile'. Then he did some tricks with flowers. When my stop arrived, I said this is where I live. He said not anymore, you're coming home with me. I still got off at my stop, but I was a little flattered that I was nearly adopted by this kid. Wonder what his home life is like if he felt the need to say this to me.
   It was a notable day at work, as we celebrated the 10th anniversary since our office was bought out. I did get the gift for the 10-year veterans, though a senior leader said it was a mistake. I got a glass egg, maybe a paperweight. I was with the company 10 years ago, but at another office, and arrived at my current office less than a year after the buyout. But I was told it would have been tacky to take my name off the list, much easier to let me have the gift like the others received. We had cake, along with catered food- chicken and salad in pita bread from a Greek restaurant.
  I went to the St. Paul Saints baseball game tonight against the Lincoln Saltdogs, the Saints won 6-4. It was Craigslist night, but we didn't arrive early enough to get the special tickets for what was being given away. We did see some books, and CDs as well, then there was items like a charcoal grill, furniture, a microwave oven, and some box fans. They waited until the end of the game to do my favorite between- innings entertainment, 'What's in the bag?' but I still liked seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment