Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dollar Stores

   At the comedy club tonight the show closer was the Wisconsin native back from New York and spoke of shopping at dollar stores in that city. Most notable was something about how much of the shampoo in these stores is often in Chinese. When he arrived to greet all of the comics he knew he did pass on me as I had my hands full with popcorn and a beer. I would have put both aside if need be but we still acknowledged each other, so for me it was close enough.
    A server found me before I made it to the upper level, as I was sitting down while listening to a favorite song. It was 'Tonight, Tonight' by Smashing Pumpkins. It is played often at the club but I still like hearing it each time. Another one was a CCR song that mentioned Buck Owens. The bartender on the upper level did make a joke about the server stealing his customers. I was asked by this server if I planned on being back next week, and I said I was there nearly every week. Part of this was due to knowing I don't go outside once I have my beer, as I don't care to violate any open-container laws. I've been to some places before, like a concert in Chicago, that the ushers threw out your beer before leaving the venue. But when I see enough people I know inside to talk to before the show then I have little need to go outside anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment