Friday, June 21, 2013

Ladder Golf

   I played ladder golf at work as part of the 'First Day of Summer' celebration. It was one of four games available in the hallway. I did get a few ropes on the target, but at first I needed to untangle the ropes. This was brought upon myself, as I was trying to hold all of them in the same hand. One of the event coordinators helped with untangling them.
    There was some golf putting as well, and it did remind me of an underwriting manager that I called 'Mr. Golf Man' as he shot the gold balls into what looked like an electric dustpan. Another game was beanbag toss, and the fourth was tossing discs into a little wood box frame on the floor. I did what was typical for this kind of event, as I waited until the end of the time allotment to participate, knowing how much time I had available. I wanted to get caught up on work first. Then after I was done I did go out and take a walk as I still had some time left on my lunch hour. Another thing they had for us was food. I had two hot dogs, they were likely healthier than most if it was a company-sponsored event. But as usual I waited to have the second, wanting to see that others had a chance at it as well. I just don't believe in being greedy, even if it is free food.

No comments:

Post a Comment