Saturday, June 29, 2013

Isadora Duncan Stamp

   I picked up a package at the post office this morning. I knew this year's Civil War stamps were in it along with first day covers. I like having the covers, and most notable would have to be Isadora Duncan. I first heard about her when I was doing a team building quiz when working in suburban Chicago. Unfortunately I think she is most famous for how she died, accidentally strangled by her own long scarf while riding in an open-top car. I did see a movie about her life, Vanessa Redgrave played her. I knew her sister, Lynn, better. I knew she was a dancer, explaining why she is in the choreographer series.
   After this I did go to Walgreen as I needed some supplies, like clear tape. I also decided to get some more baseball cards, in a pack of 100. I chose the pack where I noticed Kevin Youkilis was the top card. I liked seeing him play for the Red Sox at spring training in 2006. Before I went to the post office I did find more baseball cards to get into the binder. The ones I bought at the Twins fan fest in January were in a bag of tourist items that I hadn't looked at in a while. On the top was a reprint of the famous Honus Wagner card. Another reprint in there was of the Andre Dawson Topps card from 1981. I already had the original. The reprint had a different display on the back of the card. I did start using another binder, moving the pocket schedules and business cards into their own binder as there were so many of them. I got two Chicago Wolves minor-league hockey schedules in there after finding them in the same bag as the baseball cards.
    I liked attending Kaposia Days in South St. Paul with my date this afternoon. It was nice to get a button and see the car show like in previous years. We arrived there just as many of the cars were leaving, but we still got some good pictures. Before leaving we did go over to the Armour stockyard gates like last year as it a quiet place with park benches. There was some construction on the road so we had to park across the street to get there.   

No comments:

Post a Comment