Monday, June 17, 2013

Warm Porta Potties

   At the comedy club tonight the show closer did a memorable joke about being at a festival and having to use porta-potties, since they get warm in the summer. I concur, as I don't enjoy using them and will use them when I have no choice. I hadn't seen this comic in a while, but understood he had been in California for a while trying to make it big there. I did see a Facebook invite for a show he did recently so I knew he was back in town, just didn't know how long. I like his 'pizza surgery' joke but he didn't do this one. I do understand that comics must try new jokes all the time.
    I was flattered when somebody sitting next to me at this show said they had seen me perform at another club. It was in reference to my flag shirt from Cracker Barrel. Of course I like leaving a lasting impression.
   It was a long day at work since it was a Monday, but thankfully I found a way through it. I still prefer a fairly busy day as the day goes more quickly. We haven't had many of these lately but will likely have more now that the lollipop girl is gone and another colleague is still on leave. The grouchy woman was on the bus this morning and said she hated Mondays and I said 'OK, Garfield' since she sounded like Garfield the cartoon cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment